frivolous friday

Old school blogging posts! I’m enjoying remember what those early weeks of being pregnant with J. Bug felt like:



Shawn and I have another appointment today (this one was scheduled!), and I know I’m pretty excited. We first set this appointment when we went in for our very first visit…I believe I was six weeks along. At the time, Apri 17th seemed like forever away, and being ten and a half weeks along seemed even further away. I’m not sure what all this appointment will entail, but I am hoping they’ll be able to hear the baby’s heartbeat with the doppler. Ever so slowly, I’m starting to feel better. I still have waves of nausea and fatigue, but it’s not usually an all-day issue like it was for awhile. I’m eagerly looking forward to the second trimester!

I’m sorry if you’ve been waiting in anticipation to find out how our doctor’s appointment went on Thursday! I didn’t mean to not update this, I just got a bit busy. But….it went well! It was, by far, our shortest visit. They checked my weight and blood pressure (both “perfect,” according to the nurse), we asked the doctor a few questions, and then we heard the heartbeat with the doppler. It’s always such a relief to hear the heartbeat and to KNOW that everything is okay.

Our next appointment is May 15th, and I think it’ll be a pretty standard appointment at that point, as well. I’m grateful to be able to say that we haven’t any further issues with spotting or anything else potentially scary since our last ultrasound! Yay! Two weeks of no drama has been a pleasant surprise!


I drank coffee AND went for a run!…

It’s true. While an avid coffee drinker before pregnancy, I was usually disgusted by the thought/smell of coffee once I did become pregnant (that was actually my first sign). I’ve occasionally tried to have a cup of decaf coffee, but could only finish a couple of sips. Yesterday morning, however, I tried a cup of decaf, and it tasted terrific! Yay! I can drink coffee again! I have to admit that because it smelled so gross to me, I didn’t particularly miss having my morning cup. However, it’s been rainy and a little chilly down here in North Carolina for the past week or so, and I don’t know how many days I wanted to drink a cup of coffee and watch the rain.

And yes, I actually went for a run. Actually, a run – walk. But it was satisfying, nonetheless. I was surprised by how quickly my heart rate got up to 140, but given the fact that I’m housing another human being in here, I guess it’s understandable. I have to admit that it was humbling to run. Before pregnancy, I was running 10 miles at a time, so I was surprised to only be able to run six minutes before walking. Normally, I would’ve pushed through the uncomfortable feeling and kept running, but I’m very paranoid about taking chances.

I had several days of, “holy cow, I feel great,” which led me to believe that perhaps the morning sickness had passed and I was well on my way into what I’ve been told is the second trimester bliss. I was sorely deceived. I’ve been hit with a doozy of three days (and running) of some of the worst nausea I’ve ever experienced. I’m not actually getting sick, but am heaving and gagging a lot…NO fun! Still, I know that 1)despite this, many women have had sickness MUCH worse than mine, 2)this means that I still have pregnancy hormones coursing through my body, which means my little baby is doing okay in there, and 3) the second trimester is quickly approaching, so there really is a light at the end of the tunnel.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s